Météo et célébrations
Welcome to the thematic guide on weather and celebrations. The guide contains Background or External Information, and Primary Sources depicting weather and celebrations in textual (often newspapers) and graphic format (often photographs).
To learn more about the resources listed here, please click the external links or images provided to be sent to their institutional pages.
* These sources are unfortunately behind a paywall.
- CBC News, "Spooked by storm, Montreal postpones Halloween festivities", October 31 2019
- The Weather Netwok, "Montreal postpones Halloween, several other cities may follow suit", October 31 2019
- Sherbrooke Daily Witness, "Church Parade Cancelled", November 22 1915, BAnQ
- The Quebec Chronicle, "Ideal Weather for Fete-Dieu Processions", June 4 1923, BAnQ
- Sherbrooke Daily Record, "Second Battle of Ypres was Remembered", April 26 1926, BAnQ
- Sherbrooke Daily Record, "Rain Yesterday Marred Fair Programme and cost $5000", April 31 1928, BAnQ
- The Quebec Chronicle, "Rain and Cold Hurt Montreal Labour Parade", September 3 1912, BAnQ
- The Quebec Chronicle, "Montreal has Big Labour Day Parade", September 8 1914, BAnQ
- Quebec Morning Chronicle, "Sixty Years a Queen", June 24 1897, BAnQ
- Sherbrooke Daily Record, "Mild Weather Will Prevail for Christmas", December 24 1931, BAnQ
- The Sherbrooke Examiner, "Christmas Shopping", December 20 1889, BAnQ
- Sherbrooke Daily Record, "Only Two Points in the Dominion Recorded Sub-Zero Weather", December 24 1931, BAnQ
- Sherbrooke Daily Record, "The Weather", December 24 1931, BAnQ
DISCLAIMER: The information provided by DRAW on this page is for general informational purposes only. DRAW does not claim to hold ownership or copyright to the texts or images shown and instead aims to act as a portal for further discovery.