Welcome to the thematic guide on winter sports and/or activities. The guide contains Background or External Information, and Primary Sources depicting winter sports and/or activities in textual (often newspapers) and graphic format (often photographs).
To learn more about the resources listed here, please click the external links or images provided to be sent to their institutional pages.
* These sources are unfortunately behind a paywall.
- "Canadian Sports History", Peter L. Lindsay, J. Thomas West, The Canadian Encyclopedia, September 30 2016
- "History of Skiing", Association des stations de ski du Québec
- "Winter sports and Canadian history: For the love of cross-country skiing", Éliane Laberge, Canadian Museum of History, February 17 2016
- Vennor's Weather Bulletin, Come and See Us!, March 1882
- The Canadian Illustrated News, Montreal Snowshoe Club, February 15 1879
- The Canadian Illustrated News, Winter Sports, February 15 1879
- The Gazette, The Toque Bleu Jubilee, January 1 1890, p.8*
- Vennor's Weather Bulletin, Montreal Winters, March 1882
- Vennor's Weather Bulletin, Montreal as a Winter Resort, January 1882
- Montreal Life, Figure Skating, December 8 1899, p.25
- Montreal Life, Special issue on Winter Sports, February 23 1900
- Montreal Life, Life in a Looking-Glass, November 10 1899
DISCLAIMER: The information provided by DRAW on this page is for general informational purposes only. DRAW does not claim to hold ownership or copyright to the texts or images shown and instead aims to act as a portal for further discovery.